Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where darkness lurks..

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reaper vacation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
R
Spectre
R

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Reaper vacation Empty
PostSubject: Reaper vacation   Reaper vacation I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:47 pm

if its ok i take a break from noctem on reaper to join a raiding guild or something until august because most people i know well in the guild are down in the south or in some training camp atm and we dont do much raiding so i wondered if it was ok if i took a vacation on reaper but not my alts
Back to top Go down
Fendoor
High Chieftain
Fendoor

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Reaper vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper vacation   Reaper vacation I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi Reaper - this is your first summer in Noctem so i assume you dont know about last years rabacle.

Noctem is as any guild in many ways, cept that we keep more casual with clear conscience that RL > all.
Gamewise, Noctem is much like any other guild, we value loyalty above most. Summer is a time when we expect activity to be low, as we all rather see people hang around with families, friends, loved ones having a good time outdoors for the large part. However, the low activity of the summer months are hard to take for many who likes to spend more time ingame due to the low activity.

Reaper, i wont hold you back nor tell you not to apply to another guild. This goes for all members of Noctem, if they feel they have a brighter future in another guild, they are free to leave and pursuie it.

However, since our rather large migration last year, i have become rather fed up with such behaviour.

If you leave Noctem, you will have a hard time getting back in - and if your so lucky that you'll get back in, you'll be down at the bottom of the foodchain again.

When it comes to the pursuit of "purple pixels", which is the main consern for most leaving for a raid guild - i just want to ask, "is it worth it?" - is turning your back to Noctem worth the chance at getting more epics faster?

For me personally its no, i like PvE alot, but im not turning the back to my ingame friends over several years now just so i can get some pieces that are better than what i have. In the summer most guilds go into some sort of slumber, even raid guilds. So its actually prime time to get good pugs and clear stuff you've not been to before. The really hardcore people want to keep raiding, but most of their guilds are in vaccation mode, so they hang out with other hardcore people from other guilds, and make very strong pugs.

Also, im going to point at makhails and Fendoor's gear, and ask you - do you really need to be in a raid guild to get good gear? Or do you just need to work with broadening your social spectre in-game? All the gear we've gotten is all from pugs, good ones for the most part, but the important thig is that the people who make the good pugs, will invite you back if your a likable person and impress them. Makhail who has been focusing more on PvE has a rather nice list of whispers waiting for him as he logs on, be it to heroics or raids - beacause he has built himself a name of being a good tankadin. Big raiding guilds give him a whisper if a tank is missing, because they know he's read up on tactics, and he knows his class and have a good understanding of game mechanics. In other words, he's a good tank.

But, getting his name known on the server has taken time, actually back to the early parts of TBC, when he got makhail from me, and he started with him with the intent of turning the bad name paladin tanks had back then around. Most of the heavy raiders now whispering him for this or that, know him from back then. Same goes with Fendoor, he's been a healer that people noticed back in TBC, and still remember when it comes to raiding. Not that im an important person on the server, but they know that "Fendoor = capable healer".

But, enough of my lecture - its summer and im going to be rather low on activity, especially when i start work. So do as you please Reaper, and if you decide to leave, i wish you good luck. Just dont expect that we'll let you back into the guild agian.

Edit: Nice avatar btw Smile
Back to top Go down
https://noctem.darkbb.com
R
Spectre
R

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Reaper vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper vacation   Reaper vacation I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:54 pm

message got and understood. so i will not join a raiding guild or for that mather leave noctem. only a month left then might aswell level my alts
Thx for the avatar message Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reaper vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaper vacation   Reaper vacation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reaper vacation
Page 1 of 1