Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where darkness lurks..

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A few screenshots from pre-wow beta

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

A few screenshots from pre-wow beta Empty
PostSubject: A few screenshots from pre-wow beta   A few screenshots from pre-wow beta I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:38 pm

Was googling after the WoW making of movies (that you get when you buy collectors ed of wow vanilla, TBC and so on),
and I found a few internesting screenshots.

Check out how WoW might have looked like at release:

A few screenshots from pre-wow beta Ss_preview_3.jpg
Awesome interface, eh? Very Happy

A few screenshots from pre-wow beta Ss_preview_1.jpg
Gnoll 'n human...

A few screenshots from pre-wow beta Ss_preview_2.jpg
Agrrrrrr! Murlocs! eh.... fishlocs

A few screenshots from pre-wow beta Ss_preview_6.jpg
Early versions of the game had few quests beyond the starter zones.
Sounds very promising!

A few screenshots from pre-wow beta Ss_preview_7.jpg
Imagine a world where raids weren't instanced and it was every guild for itself. Blizzard came close to making it reality.

A few screenshots from pre-wow beta Ss_preview_8.jpg
Blizzard had to cut Battlegrounds from the original release, meaning the only place to fight was out in the open.
Fail fail fail!

Ripped form eurgogamer.
Found an interesting article there as well, where Activison Blizzard claims that wow might become "obsolete": link
Back to top Go down
R
Spectre
R

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: A few screenshots from pre-wow beta   A few screenshots from pre-wow beta I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:52 am

looked a little like neverwinter night on certain parts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fendoor
High Chieftain
Fendoor

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: A few screenshots from pre-wow beta   A few screenshots from pre-wow beta I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:12 am

Hehe, yeh - however, i dont think that the "only place to wage" war in was in the open was a "Fail" - hard to manage and orchistrate, but world PvP Z > any other form of PvP imo.
Back to top Go down
https://noctem.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: A few screenshots from pre-wow beta   A few screenshots from pre-wow beta I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:12 am

Nershaan wrote:
Hehe, yeh - however, i dont think that the "only place to wage" war in was in the open was a "Fail" - hard to manage and orchistrate, but world PvP Z > any other form of PvP imo.

Okay, okay, Maybe I wrote the post in the hurry.... Maybe 'fail' is the wrong word, but it's a bit fun thinking of the 'statement' (if I can use that word) that Blizz came with a few years ago, and now
look at the battlegrounds and what PvP have become Smile

I still remember the day when I heard from a IRL mate via phone or something that Battlegrounds was gonna be added today.
Back to top Go down
Fendoor
High Chieftain
Fendoor

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: A few screenshots from pre-wow beta   A few screenshots from pre-wow beta I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:02 am

Hehe, yeh i can imagine.

I however like BGs very much so i dont think its a bad addition.....Arena however i really cant say the same about. WoW PvP should be tied to the games identity. Which is the lore of how these two factions clash it out in enourmous battles or cooperate against a common foe with just as enourmous battles. PvP should be on a large scale which it was through out vanilla. But ever since they introduced Arena with superior PvP gear, the game has lost its way and the major wars have been put aside for sandbox hopping with no ties to lore or stories about the world of warcraft.

Im sort of pissed off at blizz for that, there is so much they could have done to improve BGs and how they worked, how to gain new PvP gear through BGs ect...so incredibly much. Yet they get lazy and make Arena which means they dont need to spend much time making quality BGs, dont need to spend time designing factionwise battlearmour, which would make each and every one of us feel like a part of our own faction when we wage war in the BGs. They went for the Arena gear, and now we all run around like little copy-cats of each other - orc warrors wearing the same armor as human warriors - yeh, by lore thats "VERY" likely...

Anyways, i should stop here before i make a 3 page long post about what i think about the games focus on Arena PvP instead of the more important parts which is world PvP and BGs.
Back to top Go down
https://noctem.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few screenshots from pre-wow beta   A few screenshots from pre-wow beta I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few screenshots from pre-wow beta
Page 1 of 1