Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where darkness lurks..

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quitting WoW for a while

Go down 
+9
Sweetless
Helayne
exo
Moghedien
Zalman
Elryia
R
Nosferati
Fendoor
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Fendoor
High Chieftain
Fendoor

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Quitting WoW for a while Empty
PostSubject: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Me and Zantix are going to have a WoW break by the end of this month.

Our subscription ends on the 29th of September, and we wont be online again till, i actually dont know when.

Reasons for this are personal, but it involves our social life and home life. Many of our real life friends who have been playing this game with us have stepped down their wow activity or quit wow entierly, so if the social part of our gang is to be relit we want to be a part of it. Also, the last year the game has been the core of most of our quarrels in between, and its really something a relationship can be without - quarrels over a computer game.

There is also the issue about the University, where wow has been a great place to escape when not feeling all that UP to either write masters or read up on our literature. Zantix have till the end of this year to finish off her Masters and its already delayed, while myself have to step up my game at Uni since they alot of mandatory stuff this year. If im away for a certain % of the semester i wont be alowed to do my exams. Being good and reading the content at home is no longer an option, which i could do the previous years. So, have to be more -at- Uni, and we have to both be more effective so we can finish off with flying colors.

I wont rule out that we might come back tho - we have alot of fun and alot of good memories from both the game and people - mostly people Smile

I will be online now and then till the subscription ends - whereas the option of putting an end to Noctem, or give controll to someone else who feels up for the task will be matters to be discussed and contemplated.

I hope Noctem will survive my absence, even tho i know it most likely will not.

As there is still some 3 weeks till we end our reign, i will hold my goodbyes till then.

I am sorry for all those who have relied on me continueing our previous standards of raiding and PvP - im sorry for giving hope of a good new year ahead of Noctem, and then now puncture the baloon. I am sorry and sad that Noctem, who has been my little "lovechild" with wow, is most likely going to lay down and not get up again. I will however thank everyone who has proudly worn the <Noctem> tag below their character names from the bottom of my heart - you have all made wow a great experience through nearly 4 years. People of all sorts, shapes and colors - people who i would not play this game without.

I will especially thank Zalman/Darnocles - meeting you was really a strike of luck for me, and as far as online friendships goes, i would thank you for your friendship which has ment alot to me. That you have survived and held out with all my corcy ideas from RP to the guild Noctem. You are as much a father to this guild as i am. I still have screenshots from our good old days of the <Grey Council> which were all good days, the times we ganked southshore's Inn, our lively visits to Darnassus to just piss off alliance, and arguing on their tradechannel (Darnassus trade channel was in the good old days avaliable for both and alliance - so yes, we were 2 hordies speaking to alliance through their tradechat in Darnassus - fun times).

Everyone, thank you for the memories Smile

As previously said, when i know what will happen with this guild, you people and everything, i will make a final post before leaving Smile

Last edited by Krogar on Thu May 20, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://noctem.darkbb.com
Nosferati
Spectre
Nosferati

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: ...   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:12 pm

That was... Well it is... Well... Uhm... I just got no words for it to be honest.

Sigh, you have your reasons and I wish both You (Nershy) and Zantix good luck with your school life. Tho a part of WoW just died, and there isn't that many parts left that keeps me playing.

It's sad, everything looked so promising and all... Arena, Ulduar, New events and so on.. And this is how it ends, eh? Oh well, even though I haven't been in Noctem more than a few months It've been a great ride. Met a lot of people and had a lot of fun - Tho I don't know where it goes from here.

If Noctem really meet its end here, in WotLK I just want to say: Thanks for everything

Sincerely yours,
~ Dorutan - Runar
Back to top Go down
R
Spectre
R

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:17 pm

well at this rate noctem dies out pretty fast since over these last months we loose more and more members.
soon that will be including me if this keeps up.

well good luck with your school life and been fun playing with you.
Reaper/Even
Back to top Go down
Fendoor
High Chieftain
Fendoor

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:23 pm

As said, i will keep my game up till 29th of september - and i will try focus on keeping our Arena games going weekly till im gone Dorutan. But as said - its not over entierly yet - would like to see what options are left for the guild and our members before anything final is said. This is more of a heads up people - stuff is happening.

I did also before the summer announce that i would most likely quit the game during the coming 6 months. But we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Elryia
Dark Templar
Elryia

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:26 pm

ouch ! .. will miss you both ! tho i totally agree wow and uni just dont mix , oh i'll just check my mail and do my daily Bg b4 i start this essay ... er yeah .. right --- 9 hours later the essay is on the shelf till tomorrow , totally understand the other points about relationships etc too . it can be a bit unhealthy can wow at times .. i personally call it warcrack or electrosmack but hey good luck and hope you do come back at some point . wont put myself forward to take Noctem on as my RL will suffer that bit too much to be acceptable so great respect to you for those very reasons , as guild masters go you have been outstanding ! always fair , a keeper of the peace , non judgemental and certainly not an elitist and always worked hard to keep raids and events going , will also very much miss those late night pew pew sessions with Zan - the first Noctem person i met and a long time freind ~( one o the best ) on this server , will miss you both dearly ! If you dont both return then i will say now -- its been an honour being a part of Noctem and also i will stay on even if its just a social guild -- wont wana lose that Noctem tag ! So if you dont return then i wish you all the best in your future endevours and may the sun always shine Smile we had some damn good times .
Back to top Go down
Elryia
Dark Templar
Elryia

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 pm

tho to quote * i wont take the reins as it would affect my RL too much * ... if Noctem ends up as a social guild then happily i would without a doubt * hold shop * until if and when Smile gotta funny feeling a social guild is what ( to some extent what we always were ) and will only be without Nershy
Back to top Go down
Zalman
Vanquisher
Zalman

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:08 am

Uhm...
*picks up he's jaw from ground and fix it back in place.

Uhm... I'm speechless...
Well, but ofc if 'couse of game you get some probs and all... Guess I'd do the same.
Indeed was fun knowing ya mate still got some picks as well from those times Smile
http://foto.inbox.lv/robisk/wow can check some here^^

Jeez... now I'm gonna be stoned couple hours... you cant show people these kinda posts when they just woke up... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moghedien
Shade
Moghedien

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 1:11 pm

We already talked about it a bit in guild chat, but I'll be sad to see you two go. I haven't been a part of Noctem for very long, but you have made me feel very welcome..! I hope the guild will survive with some active members, and that the 'old friends' atmosphere it has will remain. I really like that aspect of the guild, that there is some history between you and that Noctem had its days of fame and glory, or however you may call it Wink Even if I wasn't part of it. So I hope enough people remain that will carry that on a little.

However, you are leaving for all the right reasons. Real life comes before WoW, and if it stands in your way too much, then it's time to quit. Forever of for a while (I am still secretly hoping you'll both be back, some day Wink When you have found a way to balance everything)

I won't say any goodbyes yet, but enjoy your last weeks playing!
Back to top Go down
http://dittewinkelman.com
exo
Vanquisher
exo

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:19 am

Hi guys...it's been a while when i visited our site.... and a bit of dissapointment...but that's life Wink. I'm planning to come back for some WOWing at the end of this month.
Nershaan and Zaaaaanntiix ( ;D ) i wish u all the best, it was a great fun to play with u both and have a nice chat as well, i'll miss u both a lot!!!!!! I wish that u will come back one day? Wink

P.S.
Sorry for my grammar...ermmm havent used english for a while Smile
Back to top Go down
Fendoor
High Chieftain
Fendoor

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:29 pm

Thanks Exo - long time no see. And dont worrie bout your grammar, we understand you just fine as always Smile
Back to top Go down
Elryia
Dark Templar
Elryia

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:01 am

as always ?? many a saturday night ive found Exo incoherant on /g chat !!
Be good to see ya back Exo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bugluk

PostSubject: leaving   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:54 pm

YA bastads!
you cant go, ive just got back!
i will see you at the weekend!
Back to top Go down
Helayne
Spectre
Helayne

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:58 pm

Shocked

I would just like to say that I feel very sad about the news.

Noctem is unique in it's spirit and it's unusual (in a good way) membership breakdown. It's uniqueness lies entirely with it's leadership .

I know i haven't been online much lately, i totally understand what you are doing and why, but will miss two of the nicest people i have ever met on wow. Hope the studies etc. go well.

Take Care xxx
Back to top Go down
R
Spectre
R

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:10 pm

bugluk wrote:
YA bastads!
you cant go, ive just got back!
i will see you at the weekend!
sounds like something i would write
Back to top Go down
Sweetless
Spectre
Sweetless

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Uff.... Hate news like that.. I hope to be back online before u leave guys. See you all soon - dont even think to do that before 29!! Cheers all!
Back to top Go down
Blazeforge
Dreadnaught
Blazeforge

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:16 am

Well written and well said Nershy, it makes even me a bit sad and I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later. Although tbh I've been hit with the uni stick as well and been so inactive lately that I might as well quit the game I've still kept my subscription running and kept telling myself I'm gonna find the time to log on soon. I'll try to get online more before you guys leave, after that I might follow your example.
Back to top Go down
Stormblack
Spectre
Stormblack

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:09 am

Agh, hell. Was just coming online to explain my current flirtations with Aion and find this sad news.

Helayne said it better above but I also want to reiterate my gratitude, to both you and Zantix, who gave me such an open welcome and made the game fun again, for a time.

I always knew it'd be finite, just maybe not THIS finite Twisted Evil

However, It sounds like you are doing exactly the right thing and should i not see you online, I hope you both have every success in your lives together. Smile

And who knows, maybe sometime in the future we'll see you again.
Back to top Go down
buug

PostSubject: you lot leavin   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:12 pm

sorry i missed you tonight!!!!!!!
logged on especially to see you off, hope to see you soon, but if not, good luck with everything, especially your exams etc
take care!!
Back to top Go down
Dahunt
Vanquisher
Dahunt

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:39 am

I wish you 2 all the best in RL, its kinda sad, many noctem oldies not playin anymore and so on, so Dahunt maybe will seek new adventures, leaving alts behind in Noctem, that is if Noctem will still be around. But then again. Respect and all and i hope you both will enjoy RL Very Happy
I hope to see you both again in wow sometime, maybe not - time will show.

Best wishes

Dahunt
Back to top Go down
Moghedien
Shade
Moghedien

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:33 am

I made some screenshots last night of Nersh's farewell ceremony and made a little flickr account with them so you can all see >> click here!
The pics are in chronological order if you start at the back of the photostream and work your way back to page 1, I think I captured most of the ceremony and speech (though I forgot to take any screenies when we were outside in Icecrown, too busy not to aggro any lvl 80 mobs hehe). I tried to put at least one screenshot in there of the words Nersh said to all of us separately. If you view the photos individually, you can click the 'all sizes' button on top of the pic and see them in a big enough size to actually read the text Wink Or download them if you like.

Thanks for the ceremony Nershaan, I thought it was very nice..!
And I wish you and Zan all the best Smile

Quitting WoW for a while 3968783596_16a53dbecb_b

Quitting WoW for a while 3968785286_26e4917c5b_b
Back to top Go down
Fendoor
High Chieftain
Fendoor

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:37 pm

Very nice screenies Moogie - thanks alot:)
Back to top Go down
Defar
Reanimator
Defar

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: 2 cents from me...   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:10 am

Alright, children of darkness, gather around and take to knees please

Quitting WoW for a while Wowscrnshot093009005705

My task take a deeper path in our plot against the litch king. To go there, we need to battle our way there. At arms children, we have souls to reap!

Quitting WoW for a while 57869108

Nershaan glares down into the abyss

Quitting WoW for a while 47917738

Nershaan pours down some dust from his pouch, making a circle while chanting

Quitting WoW for a while 97365747

Gather around children

Quitting WoW for a while 98809063

Now, to my task ahead. I will give up this rotten flesh and enter the world of shadows and spirits. Deep down in this abyss lies the souls of which the litch king has reaped.
In spirit i shall corrupt and free them, and with the combined strenghts of the order and the thousands of souls freed, we shall crush the litch king in such a manner that his essence will never renew.
I bid you all farewell friends and comerades. You have all and everyone made me proud to be your leader. I will miss you all...
Quitting WoW for a while 31898819

Darkness Keep you ALL!!!
Quitting WoW for a while 97752260
Back to top Go down
Moghedien
Shade
Moghedien

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 am

Nice, Defar! I like how you wrote up the story along with the pics Smile
Back to top Go down
Fendoor
High Chieftain
Fendoor

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Yeh - o.O

Im impressed - thanks alot Defar Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quitting WoW for a while   Quitting WoW for a while I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quitting WoW for a while
Page 1 of 1