Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where darkness lurks..

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

QQ = roflmao

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zalman
Vanquisher
Zalman

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-13

QQ = roflmao Empty
PostSubject: QQ = roflmao   QQ = roflmao I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:29 am

Lol, just thinking out loud, but it's funny how every class QQ about beein nerfed... forums are full with this shit. and ingame chat is kinda as well... some things never changes i guess Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fendoor
High Chieftain
Fendoor

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2009-03-12

QQ = roflmao Empty
PostSubject: Re: QQ = roflmao   QQ = roflmao I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:44 am

Well, some classes are more "justifiable" QQ'ers while others QQ over unbalance because they are bad players. There are two classes that point themselves out as "loosers" with this patch to begin with.

Warriors, their dmg was massivly reduced as the patch hit, but has been buffed again to a lvl where they are quite awsome.

Rogues, alot of different QQ here. The PvEers QQ because their current combatspecc and gear does not perform half of what they used to in PvE. Completely forgetting that the combatspecc of before was more or less based on "cheating with stats" by stacking ArP endlessly, ending in rather "lowly" geard combat rogues doing the same ammount of dmg or even more as say Muti rogues having alot higher gear. Now ArP is gone, and combat is performing on par with their gear, which makes them QQ alot as they now dont have the overpowerd dmg because of ArP.

In PvP we have rogues doing all speccs, with subtelty as the most "utilizedly blessed". When patch hit, ambush rogues finally were able to return to their "favored" specc and FINALLY use shadowstep again. However, the newfound power we had which put us right in the zone where we could compete with other PvPers who had equal gear, got stripped away from us again just 2 days later when they buffed Resi. I cant say that sub rogues were a problem then, because we were just on par with others...or more rightly so, other melee classes. Even without the resi buff it was bloody hard beating even lower geard casters, but atleast we stood a chance then. After the buff or resi, we still have our utility, but we have no chance against casters and certain Melee's anymore who have high resi. Where we used to ambush crit for 8-9k on high resi targets, we now barely reach 4k. And thats bit hopeless when high resi targets now runs around with 35-40k health, and not say those who have self healing abilities. So i understand the QQ, but i've also come to terms with that the resi buff only applies for lvl 80 and lower. At lvl 81 to lvl 85 its said to not be in function. However, im quite afraid that once people startlvling and using non-resi gear that we'll see the massive QQ from other players complaining about "ambush-noob-rogues" killing them too fast when they are both in non-resi PvE gear. And blizzard is simply "AWSOME" at ruining a class for the sake of silencing the whiners.

I mean, i was personally critted by an arcane mage for 31k in WG last night, and i have 1115 resi on Nershaan. Had i not had the "cheat death" talent i would have been oneshotted as i only had 29k hp.

But , you are right - the QQ will last, as it does with every expansion wow brings...
Back to top Go down
https://noctem.darkbb.com
Zalman
Vanquisher
Zalman

QQ = roflmao Empty
PostSubject: Re: QQ = roflmao   QQ = roflmao I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:25 pm

dunno man... I'd say biggest balance issue is to even out hibrid clases with nonhybrid clases.
Lets say warrior vs paladin. paladin is quite the same at dps and tanking as warrior, but they can heal even if they not speced in holy. yeh sure people yell it's mana waste and stuff... dunnno. had once pally ret to 40lvl then respeced prot to 55ish... that available heal was just uber. at same time warrior aint all that good at DPSing and sometimes he falls back at tank rolle behind hybrids as well.
Jack of all trades class is suposed to be jack of all trades, not beein great at anything rly. Blizz and people think otherwise though.
Back to top Go down
Fendoor
High Chieftain
Fendoor

QQ = roflmao Empty
PostSubject: Re: QQ = roflmao   QQ = roflmao I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Yeh, think you hit the spot straight on there with the saying "jack of all trades, master of none". I agree with that line of thinking.

However, its going to be hard to get people to play the hybrid classes then if they were to be "poorer" than the purespeccs in all their speccs?

Back to top Go down
Zalman
Vanquisher
Zalman

QQ = roflmao Empty
PostSubject: Re: QQ = roflmao   QQ = roflmao I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:48 pm

poorer in say tanking... but they are just pure ownage in soloing. or as suport for raid Very Happy OF OH and stuff Very Happy

P.S. besides... why would i want to play warrior if i can play palladin do same stuff and even more?! (not that i think of rerolling pala. just example)
Back to top Go down
Makhail
Dark Templar
Makhail

Number of posts : 132

QQ = roflmao Empty
PostSubject: Re: QQ = roflmao   QQ = roflmao I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 pm

and then again, a warrior can dps AND tank, making them a hybrid aswell. only "master" or "pure" class there is, is mages, rogues and hunters. as they can only dps. Argumentativ, warriors should be listed as hybrids aswell (hybrid = doing more then one thing, aka, tanking and dpsing). sure paladins druids can tank/dps/heal if in the right spec, but dosent remove the fact that they are equally hybrids aswell (before ppl mention beeong ale to heal, dps and tank, shammys are classed as an hybrid, although they can only dps and heal).

and tbh, one should really get over the "master of non" concept. it was nice in vanilla im sure, but today its about balance and "bring the player, not the class". If all hybrids would be master of non, then rogues, hunters and mages would rule all since they are the only "real" masters.

all this qq about hybrids vs "pure" classes really should stop as its pointless and useless. patch hit, stuff change we should all just adapt to it. with that said, i totally agree that current version of paladins FoL is way to overpowerd and cheap compared to its heal (much like shadow priests healing themself to full hp with casting 2 spells). thees things are getting looked into aswell.

and aobut pvp balance. really. with this patch, we are pvpign at "low lvls" as its ment for lvl 80. consider this abotu dps in pvp: PvE!!! geared priest in cata will easily have 90k HP. warriors will tip 100k in raids. think about it then in pvp gear......
Back to top Go down
Fendoor
High Chieftain
Fendoor

QQ = roflmao Empty
PostSubject: Re: QQ = roflmao   QQ = roflmao I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Thank you for repeating everything that was already said bro *applauds* Cool
Back to top Go down
Zalman
Vanquisher
Zalman

QQ = roflmao Empty
PostSubject: Re: QQ = roflmao   QQ = roflmao I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Tbh seems Mak didn't get the point... I was just saying y cant balance paladin vs warrior or similar stuff... 'couse pala can heal even in other specs, while yer aclaimed warrior hybrid cant dps and tank in at same time, but whatever, I don't care that much about it. never did tbh.
Back to top Go down
Makhail
Dark Templar
Makhail

Number of posts : 132

QQ = roflmao Empty
PostSubject: Re: QQ = roflmao   QQ = roflmao I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Zalman wrote:
Tbh seems Mak didn't get the point... I was just saying y cant balance paladin vs warrior or similar stuff... 'couse pala can heal even in other specs, while yer aclaimed warrior hybrid cant dps and tank in at same time, but whatever, I don't care that much about it. never did tbh.

blizz have always said that the game will never be balanced 1vs1 (and tbh, with the new victory rush, warriors can heal quite nice if u manage to wack a target down)
Back to top Go down
Fendoor
High Chieftain
Fendoor

QQ = roflmao Empty
PostSubject: Re: QQ = roflmao   QQ = roflmao I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 4:51 pm

Right, locking this thread as its seemingly is stooping onwards to become a "my-dads-stronger-than-your-dad" type of discussion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

QQ = roflmao Empty
PostSubject: Re: QQ = roflmao   QQ = roflmao I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QQ = roflmao
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Out of Character :: General Chat-
Jump to: