Where darkness lurks..

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Which profession should I choose for my DK?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Soulrender

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Which profession should I choose for my DK?   Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:15 pm

Currently Im playing on 3 different characters @ Scarshield, and they all have different professions. I just started leveling mining, and I was wondering what the 2nd profession should be.

It stands between herb and BS.

This is what I just learned about the two professions, copy paste from wotlkwiki.info.

Herbalism:
[quote]
Along with the ability to pick herbs, a Herbalist gains Lifeblood, a self heal over time ability. Herbalists also have access to a variety of buff herbs that can be randomly acquired while harvesting regular herb nodes. For example, Fire Leaf, picked from special Firethorn nodes, gives a short attack power buff. (See the Herbalism page for more information.)
[\quote]

Blacksmith:
[quote]
Along with crafting a range of plate and mail armor pieces and a variety of weapons, a Blacksmith gains the ability to add extra gem sockets to their own gear. Currently Blacksmiths can Socket Bracers and Socket Gloves, and they may be able to socket other items as well in the future. The additional socket added with these abilities is colorless, meaning that any type of gem can be placed in it. (See the Blacksmithing page for more information.)
[\quote]

I was thinking that herbalism and mining would give me a pretty decent income, while BS would give me the abillity to forge big bad weapons.

List of current professions and skil levels at SC, (which kinda sucks, since I normally start leveling professions after i hit the level cap)
if they should have any impact on what people would recommend me

the shammy
Skinning: 450

mage
Enchanting: 290
Tailor: 377

DK
mining: 38

As you can see, most of my profession skills kinda suck, but thats not the point here :p

Please give me a few good advices in choosing professions Smile

Regards
Soul
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://daniel.landsverk.info
Fendoor
High Chieftain

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Which profession should I choose for my DK?   Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:35 pm

Sorta depends on what you seek to be with your DK.

Is it for pure PvP or PvE? Is it DPS or tank? Where will your focus lie?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://noctem.darkbb.com
Makhail
Dark Templar

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Which profession should I choose for my DK?   Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:14 am

herb: gives u a small HoT on 2-3 min CD, heals for aprox 3k. Decent amount of money in selling flowers

BS: gives u you 2 extra sockets in gloves and wrist, apart from that, no real gain

JC: gives u the ability to have 3 JC epic gems into any of your sets, like 3x +51stam into tanking.

Skinning: gives +crit, nothing more. Ok amount of money in skinning

Mining: gives + stam and is a decent amount of money in it since everyone needs ores, especially titanium ores (JC prospect em for powder for more JC tokens)

Engineer: has some uses, has usefull trinkets but thats it. gives special enchants to belt. Funniest proffesion in game

alch: usefull but not a lucrative proffesion. all pots give increased effect and last 2x time.

LW: only usefullness is that u can creat ur own patches (quite expensive after several upgrades) and fur lining witch gives OP amount Spellpower, Attackpower or stamina to bracers. you make good money on the patches

thats what i can remember at the top of my head atm (still early)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksev
Dark Templar

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Which profession should I choose for my DK?   Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:36 pm

Yes, thats about right what you said there bro.

One more note on the Alchemy - if your melee its nothing really special to have tbh - but as caster you have alot of nice stuff to be made, such as

Flask og the North - Flask which gives you 47 extra spellpower or 80 extra attackpower (could be usefull for melee ofc), which never disapears.
Endless mana potion - Mana pot which is, well, endless - gives you all from 1500 to 3000++ mana on use, and never disapears.

I have found those two to be absolutely epic for my shaman.

Alchemists can also transmute epic gems out of a bunch of normal gems - are some money to be made if your miner at the side, but has a 20 hour CD, so can be bit...niffy.

And then there is ofc as makhail says, Mixology - which you get at high lvl alchemy. An passive ability which makes all flask you use last double time. So when a flask has an expire time of 1 hour, while you use them they have 2 hours. Quite nice also.

However, i would chose another more well fitting profession of your seeking to be tank or dps, as this trade is going to cost you tons and tons of money unless your herbalist on the side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butanius
Dreadnaught

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Which profession should I choose for my DK?   Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:08 pm

I'd like to add that engineering has some really nice non-numeral benefits.

Dalaran AH: yeah, you read it right. At the engi shop you can access horde/alliance AH!

Nitro boosts for feet: from dps perspective they can be really useful. They give 24 agility, but the real benefit is the boost which can either get you back to dps after being knocked back, get into doing dps when you have to run a big distance to another mob/boss. The biggest pro is getting your ass saved if you start running too late from nova etc. They make the difference.

Parachute: not really useful, but can make you take less raid damage in RS, or make the jump in Thaddius easier etc.

Hyperspeed Accelators : an "enchant" for gloves, giving 340 haste rating for about 10-15 secs every 1min. When shared to 1sec befenit loses against AP enchant, but the real benefit is being able to use the haste when you pop big damage cooldowns.

Yeah, engi rocks albeit doesn't help the guild.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksev
Dark Templar

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Which profession should I choose for my DK?   Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:57 am

Oh, didnt know about the Dalaran AH part - thats handy indeed.

Are those nitro boots enchants engineers only? That sucks - i want that "SWOOOOOF" speed.

Anyways, a nice little trick i've seen for PvP with those boots and parachute is this - only works in WSG and EoTs as i've seen, but probably viable in other BGs too.

WSG, on the tunnel entrance roof of the alliance keep, their roof is formed like a "ski jump". Bring flag there, start nitro boots and -JUMP- off once you reach the ledge. Midflight activate your parachute - takes you floating across the field and land past midfield near the horde tunnel Smile

Same in EoTs - from starting point, jump down to the rock floating just below - go to the back of it, rocketboot with aim for the flag in the middle - JUMP- at the ledge and parachute midflight and see yourself float in great speed landing pretty much near the flag. Aim well tho - might take you to your doom if your slightly off Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makhail
Dark Templar

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Which profession should I choose for my DK?   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:05 pm

mixology also gives increased effect. dont know the %, but if u get 120SP from a flask for 1 hour, a alch with mixology will get more then 120SP, and it lasts 2 hours.

Makhail
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which profession should I choose for my DK?   

Back to top Go down

Which profession should I choose for my DK?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1