Curse.com feked up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zalman
Vanquisher

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Curse.com feked up   Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:18 pm

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Hi Peeps .....

First off a HUGE Thank You to Blizzard for acting so promptly.

Logged off last night and did a Virus Scan while watching the TV .. it was Clean and Clear.

Today I switched on and updated both my daughters computers using the CURSE shortcut that I have had since time began.

After updating all appeared normal .. until one daughter got booted and we found her account suspended.

I tried to log in to Account Management only to discover the user / password was not accepted.

All her chars were on my friends list and we could see they were all off line.

I applied for a new password by way of the registered email and received it withing a minute.

It still would not work .. and then I got more emails from Blizz, stating that the PC's used to play the 2 accounts were infected by a Virus, Trojan or Keylogger. Well done again Blizz for acting so quickly.

Both Accounts have been suspended for 24 hours so I can sort this problem.

Blizzard also sent me fresh temporary passwords for when I can log in next.

I never accessed any internet sites between the scan last night and updating from curse today, so I feel justified in pointing the finger that way, if I am wrong then I apologise, but it seems cut and dried.

Also, you should not rely on the integrity of any file download, even from a site you may use and trust on a daily basis, but download the and scan the files before using them, don't use the curse auto install. Do it manually.

So fellow Curse users BEWARE .... and Thanks again to Blizz as their action although quick by any standard is great I have got to say it was SUPERB when taking into consideration it is a SATURDAY.
_________________________________________________________________________________

same happen to me... after updating addons in curse com and crashing mu Mozilla few times there i log in back to WOW. game crasher with wow error thingy, try log back no luck...
request new password, no luck... after short while got mail from blizzard about possible trojan/keyloger and suspended acc for 24hours... so as far as i've been surfing net in boredom came across some facts it ain't the 1st time curse gets infected... well anyway, just wanted to point out to you guys... be carefull with curse.com at least in close future

/continues to stair into wall in boredom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zalman
Vanquisher

PostSubject: Re: Curse.com feked up   Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:47 pm

an update to the info.
Go get yourself and adobe media update. as it's say's keyloger gets into PC with adobe... there is some vulnerability... they have made update in last few days witch corrects it. A lot of wow acc's are compromised and even more suspended like me Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fendoor
High Chieftain

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Curse.com feked up   Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks for the heads up buddy - luckily i've not uses curse's addon updater for quite a few months. Found it to be more of a nuisance than help, so been updating addon manually since then.

But, i know Makhail is a great fan of that curse client, so hope he reads this before he gets all poor and stuff.

Again, thanks Zal Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://noctem.darkbb.com
Zalman
Vanquisher

PostSubject: Re: Curse.com feked up   Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:40 am

nah it's not automatic updater. don't use it as well... it's seems the page itself is/was infected...
meh just check this one

http://www.worldofraids.com/news/766-adobe-flash-player-severe-trojan-alert.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elryia
Dark Templar

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Curse.com feked up   Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:00 pm

thanks for the heads up , i was in the mood for addon browsing for my preist .. thank god i looked on the forum ( which i havent done for a bit ) first , DL the pluggin for adobe pretty damn quick i can tell ya Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zalman
Vanquisher

PostSubject: Re: Curse.com feked up   Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:39 pm

hehe. I can imagine El Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zalman
Vanquisher

PostSubject: Re: Curse.com feked up   Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:30 pm

Well... lil update on subject... though mostly just one more reason why blizz is (insert your word of choice here)
So I had a virus, witch was entirely not my fault, but weak spot in adobe flash player... Ok they banned me for 24h. I'm fine with that. They removed my subscription, so be it... Now comes the fun part Very Happy They lock my from using credit card so i could renew my subscription today just by game card... i wrote em e-mile stating my problem... and this one is the best I quote: "as a gesture of goodwill removed these restrictions" WTF?! like it was my fault huh?
quote: "Please note that if your computer is not secured and a similar issue occurs again, we will not be able to assist you further with this account and you will need to contact our Payment Support team, who may choose after investigation to permanently close this method of payment. This means that Paid Character Transfers, Character Name Changes, Online Upgrades and all other services which we might offer online would be come unavailable to yourself."
So what?! I gona have to full scan my PC after every time i use web browser? like just in case if there's any new weakness in some soft??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kabat
Reanimator

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Curse.com feked up   Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:54 am

Hate to plat devil's advocate here, but virus infected PC's compromise the server and game experience for other players. It sounds hard on you, but they're just looking out for the general public.

Get one of the background anti-virus program suites, like Norton or McAfee. They'll spot a virus before it infects you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fendoor
High Chieftain

PostSubject: Re: Curse.com feked up   Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:32 am

Yupp, im running Norton - it breaks any program i have to tell me that some "stuff" is trying to enter the computer. Works well Smile
Back to top Go down
Zalman
Vanquisher

PostSubject: Re: Curse.com feked up   Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:55 pm

OMG guys... did you ever bothered to read post actually? i was speaking of why to lock me from using any form of credit card, just couse i got virus.
As to Kabat... well... as i previously say's(i guess i did) virus was new and it was infecting PCs as soon as you open infected webpage, in this case it was curse.com, well as you open adverts start to roll. Virus was in the adverts, couse adobe flash player had weak spot, so it got used... And at that day none of antivirus softwares had that virus in database... my antivirus found that trojan on next day after i turned PC on and it updated to that days virus library. Pluss adobe did release hotfix on very same day I and tons of other peopl was infected. Even Blizz say'd there was recently new wave of compromised accounts because of the very same virus i got. anyway... I'll stop spamming... seems you don't bother to really read it anyway Very Happy

P.S. oh and Nershy... remember you say'd you can't turn shadows on. well if you wouldn't have Norton you would be able to. Norton is gamers enemy Nr1. Razz Or at least for god sake get yourself Norton gamer edition. I really hope it's not regular Norton you got atm... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fendoor
High Chieftain

PostSubject: Re: Curse.com feked up   Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:14 pm

Atm im on Zans computer since my own is totally fried still - tho, getting a new one after the summer and when school starts again.

Its a Dell Inspiron with windows vista and all the works, so i highly doubt that i have the "gamers" edition Very Happy - And in any case, this computer is not a powerhouse, actually far from it - so im guessing its not -just- norton that sabotages computer power.

Sorry about not reading the post entierly - i got the red parts and kabats reply in a jiffy as i just peeked into the site before going away. Blizzard stinks yeh - but they dont care, because not many of the 11 million subscribers will stop subscribing to the game even tho blizz goes belly up on us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curse.com feked up   

Back to top Go down

Curse.com feked up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1